Dear Valued Customers & Partners:
The purpose of this notification is to inform you that Siemens is phasing out the following two soft starters: Sirius 3RW4 and ERW/40 S6/12. These products have reliably been facilitating motor starting for approximately 20 years. However, advanced technology in digitalization has placed more challenging demands on motor starters.
Product cancellation/phase-out schedule:
- Milestone PM410: October 1, 2022
- Sirius 3RW44 & Sirius 3RW40 S6/S12 + Accessories & Spare Parts: October 1, 2022
See SIOS Product Notice under “Links.”
- Milestone PM490: Total discontinuation is scheduled for one year later in October 2023
Important PLM Phase-Out Timeline:
- October 1, 2019: Siemens transitioned the above product families to plan for obsolescence (PM400).
- October 1, 2022: Siemens will transition the above part numbers to limited obsolescence (PM410); no more orders will be accepted. Siemens Order Management Team will only process orders of the discontinued parts that are “stock styles” while existing inventory is available in the Southaven Distribution Center.
- October 1, 2023: All products will be moved to obsolete (PM490) unless stock is still available.
To learn more, click the link below and our Technical Solutions Team will be in touch.